There are a huge number of monitors throughout the game containing lots and lots of information, some of which may or may not be relevant.
- The screen texture is stored in Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\BMS\materials\lab\labscreen3.vtf (mod release), Steam\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\bms\bms_textures_dir.vpk -> materials\lab\labscreen3.vtf (Steam release).
- The same texture has been seen in the Half-Life: Source Ultimate Definition mod .
This is some important text 24/2 Actually I just can't think of anything notable to say, really. Which I guess is my fault. Everything is always my fault, after all! 285 + 252..... 252 - 363 252 - 121 2548258
Dr Horn's Cafeteria/Pizza MessageEdit
- Seems to be a reference to the location where we discovered Code B.
- The binary when translated reads the same as the plaintext - JENN0_BING, MORE NUMBERS with the addition of a line saying 'lol' and one undetermined line.
- JENN0_BING is one of the dev aliases.
- A barely legible screen, but text has been recognised as taken from a New Scientist article.
Dr. Sezen's computer monitor (Steam release)Edit
- Dr. Sezen's desk, where the monitor can be found, is located in the common office area where you meet the guard in the QE chapter (map bm_c2a4e at coordinates 775 -1397 417).
- The screen texture is stored in Steam\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\bms\bms_textures_dir.vpk -> materials/models/props_office/monitor_screen_on5.vtf.
- A document with the title "Awesumz" can be seen on the screen.
// I heard Dr Horn was on the rampage again. I have an awesum idea, I shall yous my lee7 // programming skillz to send him a batch file wat crashes his computer for like 10 mins. // That will teach him to keep // telling me to fix things. Stupid level designers overusing the entities in maps, its not like us coders // dont warn them about the possible repercussions of overusing things like ambient generics // how were we supposed to know they would lower the limits in the new sdk base... // I found another of those odd pizza messages again today, i have a feeling its related to whats // on the board over yonder, im new though, so maybe its something on going. Going to watch Star // Trek tonight, s04e03 i think. Should give me some ideas for Code. @Echo off:crash start goto crash
- "the board over yonder" might be the c2a4x_labboard15 whiteboard, which is found nearby.
- The Star Trek episode referenced in the text might be the Star Trek TNG episode s04e03 "Brothers" (transcript).
- Other items visible on the screen:
- A HyperTerminal window containing the text: "This is a terminal test."
- An error message saying: "The Windows password you typed is incorrect."
- Phone Dialer
- If the keyboard by the monitor is used, the monitor bluescreens with an error sound, sparks, catches fire, and eventually a point_message "FIX IT DENIZ!!!" is displayed in front of the monitor.