- Description of data found on whiteboards: Whiteboard Theories
- Throughout the game there are numerous whiteboards with various things written on them.
- Two of these whiteboards have been determined to contain cipher messages, c2a4x_labboard1 and c0a1x_labboard_am6.
- The files are valve texture files (.vtf) stored in
bms_textures_dir.vpk -> materials\labfor the earthbound whiteboards, and
bms_textures_dir.vpk -> materials\xen\labfor the Xen whiteboards. The
bms_textures_dir.vpkfile is located in
<Steam library folder>\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\bmsand can be opened using GCFScape. The .vtf files can be easily opened and converted to standard graphic formats using VTFedit.
- In the 2012 legacy mod version, the earthbound whiteboards are stored in
- The filenames for the earthbound whiteboards are all in the format
<map number>_labboard<ID>, where the ID's are sometimes a reference to the chapter names (_am# = Anomalous Materials, _uc# = Unforeseen Consequences, or sometimes a purely numerical reference.)
- The filenames for the Xen whiteboards are in the format
xen_labboards_<chapter name><map number>_<NN>.
Earthbound Whiteboard GalleryEdit
Xen Whiteboard GalleryEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.